Monday, June 28, 2010

Tutorial: Washcloth Camera Clutch

I was wandering around Family Dollar a few days ago, and came across a wash cloth for 96 cents.  I have a simple point and shoot camera (my husband calls it the brick), so finding a case for it is tricky.  Not to mention I can't have one of those adorable neck straps for my camera!  This clutch can hold my camera, extra batteries, and an extra memory card.  It took me longer to choose which color of washcloth to buy than it did to make the silly thing!  Here’s a quick (less than 30 minutes) tutorial for you! 
SUC50006
100_5271
You’ll need:
A washcloth
A tiny hair band (or the elastic rope looking stuff..how’s that for a proper name?)
A button (I did a cute one because I didn’t want to embellish too much)
100_5274
First: Fold your washcloth in half.  I chose to keep the design from showing, so I folded it so it would be on the inside of the bag.  The corners had a funny curve to them, so I hid the funny curves inside.  I pinned it because of the curves.
Second:  Pin the elastic between the two pieces on the side you want to be the flap of the bag. 
100_5278
Third:  Sew the flap side and the long side of the bag.  If you leave one side open (don’t sew it), you’ll have a little pocket in your bag.
100_5286
Fourth:  Fold your bag to the right side for your camera.  You’ll be folding the washcloth in (about) thirds.  Pin the sides and sew. (Be sure to backstitch!)
SUC50006
Fifth:  We’re almost finished!  Now we just need to sew the button on.  Mark with a pin where your button needs to go, using the elastic as a guide.  Make sure you sew the button on just the outer fabric.  If you sew through both pieces of fabric, you’ll sew your pocket shut! :( 
Embellish as desired.  I can see fabric flowers, ruffles, all sorts of prettiness!  This is just the basic idea.  I have a couple other ideas using washcloths.  We’ll see if I end up trying them! :)
Linking to these parties.
lynettesignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for commenting! Have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...