This shirt is made with three thin strips of ruffles. Normally you’d just sew the ruffles to the shirt, but this had to be a tad different because of our previous struggles! :) Linking to these parties!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Lynette’s Laughable Life: A True Story!
Hi there! This post has a story to go with it. I get to tell you something funny that happened. Once upon a time, there was a girl named Lynette (that’s me!). She had a great idea to make a ruffle shirt. She gathered her ruffles together, and started to sew them vertically down her shirt. Just as she was sewing the last ruffle on, she sewed her shirt together. In several places. She unpicked the seams, but she learned quickly that unpicking knits usually ends up in holes. So now she had a holy ruffly shirt! That shirt sat for months in a box where it couldn’t be seen. Lynette’s sister, K, saw it and liked it. She cut out the ruffles, sewed the parts that had been unpicked, and appliquéd it onto a brown t-shirt. While reinforcing the ruffles to the shirt, she too sewed her shirt together! Lynette quickly unpicked it, and as the shirt was a thicker knit, the holes were too tiny to worry about. K left it as is and modeled it proudly for me to show off here.

This shirt is made with three thin strips of ruffles. Normally you’d just sew the ruffles to the shirt, but this had to be a tad different because of our previous struggles! :) Linking to these parties!
This shirt is made with three thin strips of ruffles. Normally you’d just sew the ruffles to the shirt, but this had to be a tad different because of our previous struggles! :) Linking to these parties!
Labels:
Clothing,
Lynette's Ramblings,
Repurposing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE the shirt! It's Jessica from the blog Or so she says... (www.oneshetwoshe.com) and I was wondering if you'd be interested in being a guest blogger? We'd love to have you! If you're interested email Jessica at ladies@oneshetwoshe.com and I will send you the info! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove the shirt! And yay for the new sewing machine! So fun! And the cover is so great!
ReplyDeleteGreat story, Lynette! Love the vertical ruffles!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Love the new look! It's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love the ruffles! :) I am glad that you stuck with it! :)
ReplyDeleteOk I was laughing so hard at this cute story! I can laugh at this, because I have done the same thing while making my daughter a shirt. I love how it turned out! It is darling! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!
ReplyDeleteI just featured you on Hoo's got talent this week! Feel free to grab the I've got talent button!
ReplyDeleteI saw you featured on Hoo's got talent. I love this shirt.
ReplyDeleteI would love for you to link up this post to my first linky party for my month long Christmas in July homemade gift event.
Who wouldn't love getting this as a present???
I hope to see you there.
Just Another Day in Paradise
www.zitzmanfam.blogspot.com