And I mean this kind of mouse
Not the one that lives at Disneyland!
With mounds of online homework, I practically live on my computer. Sometimes I use my mouse, and sometimes I just use the touchpad on my laptop. I prefer the mouse, but until today my mousepad looked like this...
I think it originally was white, but now its yellow and gross.
So I turned it into this!
Here's how!
You'll need:
Mouse Pad
Modge Podge
Brush
Scrap of fabric to cover mouse pad
Scissors
Piece of Cardstock (optional--I'll tell why later)
First, check to see if you can see the design through your fabric when placing it on top of the mouse pad. My fabric was pretty light, so I had to glue paper down first.
Like This:
I just traced the mouse pad, cut out the shape, slapped some modge podge down, and called it fabulous!
Then I cut my fabric out and left about an inch of "glue allowance."
(I should have taken a picture of the other side, but I think you can see that there's extra all around!)
Next, You'll throw some modge podge on top of that mouse pad!
Smash it down good, and make sure to smooth out any creases!
The flip that baby over, cut some notches in the corners for easy folding and gluing.
Then fold the edges over and glue them really well.
This is the hardest part, and then you're all done!
There you are, a very cute home for your mouse to live on!
Cute mouse house! :) I don't even have a mouse pad, but if I did I would probably have to do something like that to make it cute, too!
ReplyDeleteSO cute, i love making normally boring things look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comment! I'm glad I found your blog. I'll definitely have to try this project at the very least! Let me know if you do the blocks because I would love to see how they turn out!
ReplyDeleteWay to make it yours!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea and very doable thanks to your step by steps!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!