Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kitchen and Sewing Room Wall Art

Hi everybody!  I hope you’re enjoying spring weather.  We have had a pleasant week, with rain and cooler temperatures which has been fantastic.  I love it when it rains because I don’t have to water the garden or our baby grass! :)
SUC55949
I participated in Silhouette’s Weekly Shape Challenge.  I had so much fun, I made two projects!  The first I’ll show is a simple banner I made for my craft room.  I needed to craft with something girly, and had bought the dresses during the 50% off shape sale.  I thought the dresses would look so cute strung along on a banner.  I hung it with a piece of lace and mini clothespins. I love the look of the clothespins so much, I used it on both my projects. I got them through a giveaway, but I’ve heard you can find them at Wal-Mart. I hung it on my pegboard and just love how it turned out!
SUC55959
I had seen this project from A Lemon Squeezy Home a week or so ago, and loved how she displayed several quotes at once.  I decided I needed to do a similar project soon.  When I heard about the shape challenge, I knew that I could do this project and add a few banner pieces to make it whimsical and colorful.
SUC55945
I decided I wanted the display to be in a frame, but I didn’t have one big enough at my house.  So I hit a slightly creepy thrifty store, and found one for a dollar.   Isn’t it lovely?  I got some red spray paint and went to town on it.  I only had to do one coat, which was fantastic!
SUC55990
I had my helpful husband install hardware so I could string the baker’s twine across in rows.  I used the half circle banner, cut it out in a few types of paper, and clipped them up.  I made small rounded rectangle cards and used silhouette sketch pens for the quotes.  Now it’s hanging in my kitchen, and it cheers up the room a whole lot!  I think this is probably one of my favorite projects every.  When I get tired of these quotes, I can change things up with the seasons or even do an advent calendar with it.  It was a pretty easy project, and only cost me $5! 
SUC55997
Thanks silhouette for the weekly shape challenge!  I got two projects done I probably wouldn’t have without a little push.
Thanks for reading,
Lynette
p.s. I’m also participating in a challenge with the blog Silhouette Challenges.  Anything goes this month, so enter if you’ve made something with your silhouette! Details HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Found this through the Silhouette Blog. Your frame is my favorite project! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are both so cute, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME!!!
    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry....
    Thanks for linking up at Silhouette Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant project, love the elements used and the colours and theme are great. Thanks for joining us this month at Silhouette Challenges.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Such a cute banner! Thanks for playing along at Silhouette Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it....awesome job! Sorry about the creepy Thrift store! lol
    Thanks for playing along with Silhouette Challenges!

    Steph
    scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting! Have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...